I have been tagged by P.D. Smith, author of Doomsday Men.
The rules are:
a. Link to the person who tagged you.
b. Post the rules on your blog.
c. Write six random things about yourself.
d. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
e. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment at their blog.
f. Let your tagger know when your entry is up
Here are my six random things, in the literary-minded spirit of this blog:
1. I have just begun working at Bookseller and Publisher Magazine in Melbourne and I love it.
2. The last book I read was Herman Hesse’s Steppenwolf, which I dog-eared to death with lit-love. It was recommended by Peter Bishop at Varuna.
3. I fear I won’t have the time or money to attend the Sydney Writer’s Festival and thus miss out on meeting Matthew Condon, Charlotte Wood, Merlinda Bobis, David Kowalski, and many others, as well as hearing my favourite writer speak again, Gail Jones. I hope I will see them at Byron, Brisbane or Melbourne festivals (or even Ubud if I can make it).
4. My novel manuscript Smoke & Dancing is much more solid after Varuna, some words Peter Bishop used for it happily include ‘poetic’, ‘unique’, ‘romantic yet existential’, and he believes it is fascinating to see a book from someone of my generation exploring my parent’s generation (the 70s) in this way. I will be persistent yet patient in pursuing publication (and it’s important even to be choosy as it’s my first novel and I want writing to be my career).
5. Forthcoming on this blog are reviews of a Scribe book The Miernik Dossier, and an Aduki book Stick This in Your Memory Hole, as well as the much-awaited video blog recorded in 12 countries – I have to wait until I have my own computer to complete editing.
6. I have now romantically been living out of a suitcase for about three months. I do look forward to a bit of stability, also so I can focus more on my Honours (in literature of course). Anyone literary-minded in inner-city Melbourne looking for a roommate?
I’m choosing to disrupt the meme and not tag anyone because I’ve had an incredibly busy week and would rather go and read (look forward to my Bookseller & Publisher review and possible interview of Jim Sharman’s [director of Rocky Horror] much-awaited autobiography!)